Category: Business & Economy: Accounting
If you have a checking account, of course you balance it periodically to account for any differences between what's in your statement and what you wrote down for checks and deposits.
Many people do it once a month when their statement is mailed to them, but with the advent of online banking, you can do it daily if you're the sort whose banking tends to get away from them.
You balance your checkbook to note any charges in your checking account that you haven't recorded in your checkbook. Some of these can include ATM fees, overdraft fees, special transaction fees or low balance fees, if you're required to keep a minimum balance in your account.
You also balance your checkbook to record any credits that you haven't noted previously. They might include automatic deposits, or refunds or other electronic deposits. Your checking account might be an interest-bearing account and you want to record any interest that it's earned.
You also need to discover if you've made any errors in your recordkeeping or if the bank has made any errors.
Another form of accounting that we all dread is the filing of annual federal income tax returns. Many people use a CPA to do their returns; others do it themselves. Most forms include the following items:
Any money you've earned from working or owning assets, unless there are specific exemptions from income tax.
This is a certain amount of income that is excused from tax.
Some personal expenditures or business expenses can be deducted from your income to reduce the taxable amount of income. These expenses include items such as interest paid on your home mortgage, charitable contributions and property taxes.
Owner: Directory Combat
No Comments Yet.
You must be logged in to leave a Comment.
- Ensure that site is submitted in the Appropriate Category.
- Do not include Owner Name, Email Address, Phone Numbers or Company Address in your description.
- Please do not submit Casino, Bingo, Betting or any Lottery related sites.
- Please do not submit Adult sites or Adult Related Content.
- Please do not submit sites that are Under Construction or Incomplete.
- Do not submit illegal sites containing Copyright Destruction, Violence, Fraud, Child Pornography, Racism, Vulgarity, Warez or offensive material.
- Sites containing any sort of Virus will not be accepted.